Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A doctor and a dentist

Well last week we had two checkups for the boys. First we had Chase's 18 month check up, he was just under 25 lbs. He was 75th percentile for height and 25th for weight. So the doctor told me we needed to add fats to Chase's diet to add some lbs. He said they like most kids to be around the 30th percentile and since Chase is usually 50th or above, he'd like us to try whole milk again and add fats to bulk him up. That is the first time I have ever been told one of the boys was on the low side for weight!! They both are always on the go, playing outside non-stop since it has been nice out (and even when it's not so nice), so adding weight now might be difficult.
Carter was my big helper at the doctor for Chase. Chase hates the paper on the scale and exam table so just screamed through anything involving sitting or laying on the paper. Carter tried to give him toys to help and stood by Chase and said, "it's ok Chase, it's ok" over and over to try to help...it didn't stop Chase's crying, but it was pretty cute to watch.
The day after Chase's appt Carter had his first dentist appt. We went to a dentist where the hygenist is someone Carter knows because she coaches with me. I was hoping that would ease his apprehension, it did for the first 5 minutes. However, when she tried to put his chair back to clean his teeth he got scared and wouldn't let her do it. Do all we got done was the dentist counting his teeth and taking a quick look. Carter has a crazy cracked and chipped tooth in the front that I was kinda worried about, but he says it should fall out like normal when he is about 6, and hopefully the new one will come in as it should.
I was planning in taking pictures of both boys at these appointments...I had the camera with for Chase's but forgot to take the picture until after he was dressed again following the appointment. I guess it's still better than Carter's appointment, since I forgot to even take the camera to his! So the few pictures of Chase is all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment